What Does Workers’ Comp Cover
Workers’ Compensation And Your Rights To Recovery
Do You Know What Benefits You Are Entitled To?
At Schwartz Law Firm LLC, we will protect your rights throughout the process of notifying your employer, filing your claim for benefits, getting the medical care you need and securing the full benefits you are entitled to.
Do not trust your employer or its workers’ compensation insurance company to help you through the process honestly. Employers and insurance provides will do what they can to minimize the value of your claim. Your employer might even try to persuade you not to file a claim and possibly offer you cash to keep quiet.
Your workers’ compensation claim is worth a lot more than any cash offer, and one job is not worth sacrificing your career.
Even if you think your injury is relatively minor, inform your employer of it immediately, and contact one of our experienced lawyers to discuss your unique situation, your legal options and exactly what workers’ compensation will cover in your case. We have offices in Metairie and Baton Rouge.
What Does Workers’ Compensation Cover In Louisiana?
- Medical expenses: It will cover all of your injury-related medical bills for life, if you are able to secure the full benefits you are entitled to.
- Lost wages: You will be paid two-thirds or about 66 percent of your average weekly pay (an average of your last four weeks of work), but no more than $650 a week.
- Disability benefits: If you have suffered a permanent injury such as paralysis, disfigurement, amputation, vision loss, hearing loss or other permanent disability, you may be entitled to additional compensation that we can help you maximize. We will help you decide whether a lump-sum disability settlement or disability benefits over time are the secure choice in your situation.
- Vocational rehabilitation: Job training for a job similar to the one you held before or for a lighter duty job will be paid for through your workers’ comp benefits.
- Death benefits: If you lost a family member to a workplace accident, you are entitled to death benefits to help you cope with your loss. We represent spouses, minor children and other dependent family members in wrongful death claims.
Get A Free Consultation With One Of Our Attorneys
Please call our law firm in Metairie or Baton Rouge today at 504-266-0253 or toll free at 800-711-9366. We are available 24/7 by phone and email, and we look forward to helping you secure the full and fair workers’ compensation benefits you deserve.